Greatberry® pie fresh from the oven – delicious.
Ingredients for the dough
- 330 g flour
- 120 g sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 175 g cold butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon milk
Ingredients for the filling
- 2 discs of frozen homemade pie pastry
- 5 cups of Saskatoon berries (I used frozen wild ones I seeked)
- 1/2 cup white sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- zest of one lemon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of butter
- one egg
- sugar for crust
- Mix 300 g flour, 20 g sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 150 g butter in pieces and 4 tablespoons of ice-cold water.
- Cover the dough and store for 1 hour in the fridge. Fat the pieform.
- Roll out two thirds of the dough round and lay out the mould with it. Pierce the dough, sprinkle it slightly with sugar and put it back into the fridge.
- Preheat the oven.
- Preparation of the fuit filling: Carefully mix frozen berries, sugar, flour and lemon zests in a bowl, fill in the mould and spread 2-3 tablespoons of butter on the fruits.
- Roll out the remaining dough in the pieform and place the filling. Squeeze the dough at the edges and cut the dough cover evenly four times.
- Whisk egg yolk and milk and brush the dough surface with it. Then spread sugar all over the dough surface.
- Bake in the oven at 180 ° on the middle rail at 45 min.